A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Plot Revealed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

The Plot Revealed Empty
PostSubject: The Plot Revealed   The Plot Revealed Empty05.05.14 11:30

Since this particular plot isn't being used now, regardless of the future, it seems time to reveal the general outline of what we had put in motion and were planning for the future. Sadly it doesn't quite convey all the fun in coming up with this, debating minor details, brainstorming, and all of that. Hopefully you'll enjoy it anyway.

Spoiler:

Part II, or rather some thoughts!

Spoiler:

Feel free to comment.  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Ferdinand XIV

Ferdinand XIV

The Plot Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Plot Revealed   The Plot Revealed Empty09.05.14 21:50

Although my opinion was already known to the mods, let me at least clarify to the players why I decided not to continue with this plot. Those that I have rp'ed the last couple of years know that I'm a sucker for Barclay and invasions, but it felt too ambitious this time around and honestly, I didn't feel the Rivalry of the new Gods as much as the original lorewriters and admins. Despite that, I think you guys have done a great job creating this additional fancanon and the characters which feel real (if not also prickly and paranoid Wink).

What I've always felt is that you can't really keep going in an active role as GM/writer if you don't fully enjoy the story you're about to write, I, for instance, would start postponing once the prophesy became the leading theme and knowing that of myself I created poprenewed and an environment that I knew would tickle my imagination anew with every visit.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

The Plot Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Plot Revealed   The Plot Revealed Empty12.05.14 12:13

Ya, it looks pretty ambitious, it's a shame we only got halfway through.

Also just a question, why did everyone dealing with the Barclay scholar stop playing or changed avenues and joined the rest of us to deal with the horde? (i.e. Rivatha/Psychozoa)

did the scholar die? were they bored and stopped playing?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

The Plot Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Plot Revealed   The Plot Revealed Empty13.05.14 4:18

The prophecy angle was geared towards PCs rather than the Orders. To put it most bluntly, the prophecy and the Order politics were different visions of the RP, squished together through the events. In a lot of ways it was doomed since pulling it off would have been tricky, but we hoped that those with no interest in the prophecy side would be content with the more overt political objectives.

So to answer your question, they may have dealt most directly with the Scholar but they still had to face realities. The Grandmasters, as of now, haven't figured out anything about the prophecy. Even if they do, they'll likely think it's nonsense. Plus who said that the Scholar didn't tell them where he thought the rest of the text could be found? >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Plot Revealed Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Plot Revealed   The Plot Revealed Empty

Back to top Go down

The Plot Revealed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Kingdom Divided :: Pendor :: King's Hall-
Jump to: