A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

IC - Scene: A red sun rises [Ser Varys]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ferdinand XIV

PostSubject: IC - Scene: A red sun rises [Ser Varys]   11.04.14 8:00

In Mustafa's tent, Rayvs had been spoiled with wine and a variety of foods that would most likely equal those of Pendor's richest nobles. He was also washed by the hands of three of Mustafa's favourite slavewomen and they had made sure his wounds would not fester as they healed. Rayvs was spoiled and treated like a hero, a savior, and soon he'd join the desert raiders in what he liked most.

At dusk, while Jukar was sending his women and children away under cover of darkness, Mustafa hosted all the desert chieftains in his tent and explained why he had all his men sharpen their dirks that day.
“This knight, Sir Rayvs the Black Raider, has saved not only me, but all of you by informing us of a plot against our lives and the survival of the horde. Jukar that old fool wants me dead,” he told them, malice written in his eyes, ”Let us slit the throats of the Jatu tonight and wash ourselves in their blood tomorrow, Huzzah Jatu will be said as often as a man making love to his horse.”

And so it was that while the Jatu slept, the desert raiders with Mustafa Azah Khan and Sir Rayvs of the Eventide in the vanguard sneaked into their camp and slaughtered the unaware battle riders. Throats were slit with sharpened dirks and the Jatu were given no chance to rally as the raiders who hailed from these very sands drenched them with the blood of the traitors. When Mustafa and Rayvs entered Jukar's tent, both men covered in the blood of Jukar's brothers and sisters, the old man seemed to have prepared himself and blew the horn that had once belonged to Brencis the Bold himself. Mere moments later all around his tent Jatu rallying cries were heard and Mustafa's men had lost the element of surprise. Jukar's temper flared and he took his own sabre to fend off his two attackers, but Mustafa was too fast for him and pushed his curved dagger into the old man's unprotected belly, twisting it around until his entrails were in danger of falling out and the oh so wise lord of the Jatu fell lifeless to the ground.

A battle ensued wherein the Jatu were slaughtered down to the last man, but not without taking half of Mustafa's lesser skilled desert raiders with them and routing a third of the survivors. The rising sun was met with strong winds that moved gallons of sand through the desert and had almost covered all the dead until only their fallen helmets and keen sabres finally caught the attention of the sun and were allowed to shine and signal Indar with his full quiver where he could find his dead followers.

Rayvs still accompanied Mustafa as the latter was searching for valuables.
"How strange, I could have sworn the Jatu tribes consisted of more than their riders. I saw no women and children, no girls to claim my own. And where are their riches?"

The untested King of Barclay, Ferdinand XIV
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC - Scene: A red sun rises [Ser Varys]   12.04.14 5:58

Rayvs, his blood lust satisfied, shrugged. "If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that Jukar was preparing for this, and sent them off somewhere."

Cleaning his sword, he continued, "I need riders sent to my men. I imagine that the knights are even now preparing to match the horde."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ferdinand XIV

PostSubject: Re: IC - Scene: A red sun rises [Ser Varys]   16.04.14 7:09

Mustafa raised an eyebrow "Match the horde, match me?" he laughed and mocked Rayvs for thinking that a bunch of puffed up knights would ever be able to match his raiders.

Nevertheless, he nodded at the request to send riders to the knight's men.
"Argo rides the fastest stallion," he signalled a nearby raider to approach.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC - Scene: A red sun rises [Ser Varys]   16.04.14 10:40

"I wouldn't take them so lightly, Lord Khan," Rayvs warned. "Every time someone underestimated the knights of Pendor...the results weren't pretty. Be cautious, I implore you."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ferdinand XIV

PostSubject: Re: IC - Scene: A red sun rises [Ser Varys]   24.04.14 4:11

Mustafa considered that for a moment and looked north, toward Torbah. "Message your men, but I can't allow you to leave the camp." he said and mere seconds later Rayvs was surrounded by a bunch of desert raiders from Mustafa's tribe. "You're my proof of Jukar's betrayal and I may have need of you as such."

After that, Mustafa disappeared into the main D'Shar encampment.

[ooc: Consider Argo your npc for now, don't forget to post an objective]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC - Scene: A red sun rises [Ser Varys]   

Back to top Go down

IC - Scene: A red sun rises [Ser Varys]
Page 1 of 1