A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sigwald

Sigwald

IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty
PostSubject: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty03.01.14 4:49

Although decades ago this tavern was very popular among the inhabitants of the Torbah slums and infamous among some, now no one really remembers its name and the current guests have begun calling it the 'Horsehumper tavern', showing their dislike for the D'Shar culture in general and their visit to Torbah in particular.

A couple of men, unshaven and rough in their demeanor, had made their beds in the far corner of the main room and a carefully polished heavy plated armor lay unprotected on one of the tables. But what every new visitor would see before anything else, was the large bear of a man smoking a pipe that was almost indistinguishable from the somewhat greasy graying beard.
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty10.01.14 15:53

William open the door loudly, mutter a string of curses about the kings curs or something along those lines. A string of men filled in quietly behind him. The knights meandered over towards the other men while William ordered the strongest drink they had. which was not very strong at all but it would have to do.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty11.01.14 0:43

Sigwald snapped out of a daydream when Alatin entered and didn't know how fast to stand up for the Thane.

"I am sorry for speaking my mind, Thane Alatin"
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty11.01.14 0:57

William smiled maliciously.

"Would it break you heart if I told you I spoke my mind as well? I left but told Methodius we would follow through with whatever plans he had made."
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty11.01.14 1:21

Sigwald grinned and offered William the seat next to his.

"What I don't understand, Thane Alatin, is that according to Sir Klovis, who was present at that large meeting with the rebels and the Duchess of Windholm, that it were the Griffons that violated the city-wide truce by attacking the wharf.

If everyone was present at that meeting and heard the same thing from that bloodied messenger, why won't they speak up when that Mettenheimer speaks lies in front of them?"
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty11.01.14 2:06

"I cannot speak for the others. I did not speak because there is no sense wasting your time with fools who will not understand you."

His eyes wandered to the drink in front of him. Water, that's what it reminded him of.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty11.01.14 2:48

Sigwald brought the pipe to his mouth and leaned back into his chair. Slowly the smoke escaped him as his mind tried to grasp the situation, but his puzzled look made clear that he had little luck understanding the cowardice of knights.

Then, suddenly, he murmured "Perhaps I should take a ride.."
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty11.01.14 3:00

"Perhaps we all should." He said with a sigh

"What are we doing here in this desert? We have more pressing issues to deal with at home." He spat and looked over at Sigwald.
"Please tell me you have a few drops of something stronger than this sluge water?"
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty11.01.14 3:16

Before William had even finished his sentence, a skin of ale, with the crest from Sir Alm of Alehouse empty, dropped on their table.

"Help yerself milord!" cried Merder from a few feet away. Vanndal was clapping slowly to praise Merder's nicely aimed throw, but perhaps he was being sarcastic as he had just given away most of the remaining ale to a noble. Eunomia knows that nobles know how to drink even more than the common folk do.

Completely missing the scene his rangers were causing, Sigwald had walked over to his armor, where Brandon and Rodrik helped him to get the breastplate over his head. "Get me that white tablecloth and saddle my horse." he ordered them as he walked back to William.

"I'll be back before nightfall, but this is something I have to do alone."

[ooc: sorry for leaving Razz, I'll be back after the objective results... I hope]
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty11.01.14 3:19

William lifted the skin to Sigwald.

"I will expect you."

Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty21.01.14 2:42

"bloody horsehumpers" Sigwald muttered as he stepped into the tavern with sand in his beard and between the plates of armor. His expression stood sour and he started drinking while the rangers were still busy helping him out of his armor. Apparently, he didn't succeed in his objective and cursed the D'Shar in the Vanskerry language.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty25.01.14 15:05

Methodius tavern hopped until he finally saw the Dragon steeds in front of a bar Named the Horsehumper Tavern. He entered the Place and saw familiar faces.

"Well friends, it seems i finally found you."
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty26.01.14 18:30

William groggily sat up, his nap interrupted by Methodius's entrance.

"Aye and what decision did you and the kings curs come to?
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty29.01.14 22:45

Sigwald watched Methodius enter from a far corner of the tavern and decided to ignore the Gauntlet. Sometimes it was better to let the commanders do the talking while the knight simply smokes his pipe filled with relaxing Singalian herbs.

[ooc: wasn't planning to post, but I got the feeling you guys were waiting for me. So my apologies anyway]
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty30.01.14 20:13

Methodius nodded to both men and approached the barman for a drink
"We found a defensible location at the edge of town close to the bridge, we ride in the morning from there for negotiations."

He let out a sigh after sitting at the bar
"i have to say, i thought knights of Pendor were braver than this, they just kept prancing around and backing off the moment we talked about anything that would put their life in danger.... gah... i need a drink"
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty02.02.14 2:32

William sat heavily next to Mehtodius.
"I do not think that my position on Pendorian knights needs explaining, just know whatever plan you have in store we will be with you all of the way."

He extended his hand and smiled.
"You have earned the Dragons trust. Now what is your plan?"
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty03.02.14 13:18

Methodius took the hand
"so far it is to meet with this horde and try to figure out a way to have them leave without fighting... which i doubt will work... the second and more likely occurence will be the defense of torbah. My men found a defensible location at the edge of town, it is about a kilometer from the bridge and 500 meters from the castle, making for a good retreating spot. We ride in the morrow, will you ride with us?"
Back to top Go down
William Alatin III

William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty03.02.14 13:48

William eyed the weak muddied drink the bar tender brought and nodded as Methodius spoke

"Aye we will ride with you, but don't expect us to be too keen on making friends with the other orders

Sigwald! Are you and your men ready?"
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty03.02.14 22:16

"Always" Sigwald replied.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty04.02.14 12:32

Methodius smiled
"very well , let us ride then!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern   IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern Empty

Back to top Go down

IC scene - The Horsehumper Tavern
Page 1 of 1