A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

IC Scene - Residential Area

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Laisha

PostSubject: IC Scene - Residential Area   29.11.13 11:00

To the northeast, a large band of Knights of the Radiant Cross and Clarion Call entered the city. Though not enemies, they were strange bedfellows to be sure. Their section of the city was hardly inhabited, dominated by squatters and other, shadier looking characters. The landscape was dominated by half-destroyed buildings and rubble strewn about everywhere. Occasionally, the bleached bones of someone caught in the fighting all those years ago could be found, left behind with whatever they were carrying.

[OOC: This is the thread for scenes at location 1.]

It's not supposed to make complete sense:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   30.11.13 0:40

Mattus scouting brought them no insight into the whereabouts of the army. He waited at the entrance to Torbah for the rest of the Group and together they entered the city. They made their way slowly down the main road, always keeping an eye out for suspicious behaviour. Mattus dismounted again to talk to the prisoner.

"So where do we have to go now?"

The Last Hope and Map of Pendor
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6t6tjr6s6gmyf53/bApJqcjjZ4

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   30.11.13 6:17

Morek walked behind the prisoner, chosing to head deeper into the city unless directed otherwise. He looked around the area, thinking to himself that this place was little more than a wasteland. It was hard to beiieve that this had once been a city like Ethos and great Sarleon.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harvey Wagner
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   01.12.13 10:26

Harvey looks around briefly before moving behind Eve and rummaging in her pack for a moment before pulling out a loaf of bread wrapped in a linen cloth to protect it and looking at the nearest of the half starved residents that he could see.

"I need to talk to as many of the people still leaving here as can be gathered, gather up every resident of this city that you can find for me by dusk and the bread is yours, do well and I'm sure I can find a reason to keep you around for a while so you can make some money.

Tell them that it involves a safe and comfortable place to live, plenty of food and water and medical care. Tell them I want to give them all a better life."

Last edited by Harvey Wagner on 02.12.13 13:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   02.12.13 4:53

Natir rode into the city a little perplexed. He did not fully understand this new stranger and the reasons behind his behavior, but as he saw the state of the city, he decided to ignore the strangers strange behavior and focus on the mission at hand.

Petro had already returned from his scouting expedition, and like the Radiant Cross's scouts, returned fruitless.

Natir rode up to a peasant laying under the shade of a small tree and called from his horse the laying man.
" Hey, you there. Who his currently Lord of this City and where does he dwell?"

Vanha concerned for the safety of the party set out and paced down the main rode and back searching for any mischief. Sir Petro on the other hand got off his horse, and tying it to a post went and rested underneath some shade caused by the ruins, from there he scanned the inhabitants of the city, and then started to relax and joke around with his men, while he waited for further orders.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   02.12.13 12:22

Morek halted and with him the Radiant Cross party.

"Find some shelter. Nothing too fancy, anything that won't fall on our heads will do."

A small group of Radiant Knights (2) and Plaguewardens (4) split off to check a few of the likely looking buildings that were within sight. Morek himself glanced back towards DeVeer.

"It seems you have some work to do Doctor. These people look like they haven't seen a healer in years. See what you can do to get us a reservoir of goodwill."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   02.12.13 18:10

De'Veer cleans his glasses and motions his four knights to form a rough triage tent, five of his plaguewardons he sends to look for likely patrons. The rest of his retainers he detailed to the other commanders.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   05.12.13 5:01

"Lord of this city?" The peasant Natir questioned scoffed. "There ain't been a lord since it burned! You might find the old ones bones up in the keep!" He laughed derisively and rolled over, indicating he wasn't interested in talking further.

Back to top Go down
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   05.12.13 8:42

Morek left his men and DeVeer to their own devices, a Radiant base camp beginning to form in the meantime with military esque precision. He walked towards Natir and the peasant in question his hammer still carried casually over the shoulder.

"Well Ranger? Has our friend said anything worthwhile? Such as where this new horde is gathering?"

The last few words were pointedly directed towards the man as Morek's helmet all but seemed to glare down at the man from beneath his cloak's hood.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   07.12.13 4:46

The peasant didn't bother to turn around. By all intents, he appeared to be a drunkard or something similar. The bitterness in voice seemed to suggest his comment to Natir was accurate.

The rest of the men of the Radiant Cross and Clarion Call dispersed to their various tasks. Before the day was out, De'Veer's men had done better and set up a small hospital in an abandoned structure. It appeared to be sturdier than the surrounding ones, but perhaps most importantly, it kept everyone out of the sun as they worked.

Back to top Go down
Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   07.12.13 22:26

Natir turned away from the grumpy man, and turned to Radiant Cross Knight.
"Nothing on the growing horde, but he has confirmed a lack of traditional authority in the city." Natir saw the Radiant Cross pulling up the standings for their hospital tents over the shoulder of Morek. "I see your fellow Crosses are getting comfortable. Do you intend to stick around this part of the city long?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   08.12.13 6:33

Harvey's attempt to rouse the populace [which I totally did not forget about] was not particularly successful. His people managed to draw in roughly half a dozen listeners, but their section of the city was too thinly populated and filled with too many disreputable characters to get more. All the same, he had a tiny audience.

Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   08.12.13 7:56

Harvey standing in front of the small crowd reached behind him into his pack pulling out a selection of fruits and tossed them to each of the people waiting in front of him smiling at them warmly.

" So, you all know why I asked you here, I want to end this fight before it costs thousands of lives but I don't know this land or your people very well. So I want to ask for your help in gathering the other people and in speaking with the leader of the enemy force.

It will be dangerous but thats a risk you've all lived with all your lives and the reward I offer you all is worth that risk.

Every one of you and every person you can convince to join us will be given the chance to work for a better life in a new home where you can raise your families without fear of starvation and death every day.

You will have to work for that future but it will be a far better life then that which you currently live and with offer a much greater future for you, your wives your friends and most importantly a better future for your children. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   09.12.13 14:13

Morek stood of under and awning watching the landless knight spew what sounded like a prepared speech to the few peasants he had managed to round up. He put it out of his mind as he went in search of the leader of the little band of Clarion Outriders. (Natir)

"Clarion. We need to speak."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   09.12.13 16:00

Natir nodded in acknowledgement. Natir turned and walked away from the rest of his men, walked a little down an alley so he was just out of view of most of the party before turning back to the Hammer-wielding knight.

"Is this about this ranger of Ravenstern?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   09.12.13 17:36

Morek stepped into the alley and leaned his shoulder against the wall.

"Who else. At least with you" Morek pointed a gauntleted finger at Natir, "and the rest of your group I know, or at least can guess, your motivations for being here. I can appreciate your cause. It's the same reason we are here. But as for him and his lot, I find that they appear as soon as the fighting winds down far too fortuitous."

Morek shrugged under his armor.

"His story about where he's from is too vague. He makes me.... uneasy."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   09.12.13 17:49

If any of the men gathered before Harvey had families, futures or even a present, it did not show itself among the bedraggled few gathered before him.  They dispersed lackadaisically when he finished, returning to the shadows to messily eat what odd pieces of food they had been given.

By evening, the plaguewardens had set up in the sturdiest structure in the neighborhood and were already busy treating sick men from the surrounding area.  They had ignored the uncaring and potentially deranged, choosing instead to try and help the able-bodied, if only out of practical need.

Natir's men found little to concern themselves with.  In streets with no order, it was hard to tell what was truly a problem of concern...or one that would draw unwanted attention.

[OOC: Have your discussion, I just wanted to get this out of the way.]

Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   09.12.13 18:05

Harvey waits patiently until the next day spending the time walking the city speaking to residents and asking them all to gather in the same place before again handing out food to them all and repeating his speech from the previous day before adding at the end.

" You may well all have lost hope in finding a better life but if you place your faith in me I'll lead you all into one. Your hope may be lost but it can be reborn. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   09.12.13 19:20

Natir nodded as he listened to Morek, pondering his words.

"I would have to agree. His presence here is strange, and unexplained. He tried to convince me that he belonged to my order, but that seems very unlikely. I have never heard of him nor seen him before. I also cannot think of any reason why he pretend not to be a Clarion call and deceive other orders as well, if he was one.

If he is as good as a bowman as he says he is, though I'm not sure he is, he could be dangerous. More dangerous than I would like a man who is so shady to be.

Do you have any ideas on what to do about him, otherwise I'll just order my men to keep an eye on him."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   09.12.13 20:38

Beneath his helmet, Morek's brow furrowed.

"I played a mostly passive role in the beginning of the .... incident.... at Windholm, and that led to consequences I don't care to repeat. Watching and waiting for a potential threat to become an actual one sits poorly with me Clarion-Captain."

Morek reached up to pat the haft of his warhammer above his shoulder.

"It might be best not to allow him to remain in the midst of this gathering of our orders. If he is a spy, assassin, or otherwise it would be foolish not to make work difficult. I suggest he is put in a position to give us honest answers, not some ambiguous story."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   10.12.13 2:29

Natir nodded. "That is wise. Shall we approach him now?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   10.12.13 9:31

"What is the expression? There is no time like the present?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aodh

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   11.12.13 16:50

"Then let us go." Natir walked around Morek and swung round the corner of the building, and started towards the Harvey Wagner.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   11.12.13 17:20

Before he followed Natir, Morek pulled his hammer off his back and held it on his shoulder, the same way he had marched with it earlier. A glance towards the Radiant Crosses base and a beckon later, three Barclayan Conquistadors began tromping after the priest.

When he had come into voice distance of Wagner he raised his voice under his helmet.

"Ranger of Ravenstern! We need to talk."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harvey Wagner
Banned

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   11.12.13 17:25

Harvey turned to look at him briefly before looking pack to the people he was speaking with.

" Speak my new comrade I have 2 ears after all I can carry on 2 conversations. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - Residential Area   

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - Residential Area
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Kingdom Divided :: Pendor :: The Fields of Pendor (IC) :: The Horde of Torbah-
Jump to: