A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Laisha

PostSubject: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   29.11.13 10:51

The Knights of the Dawn were the first to arrive at Torbah.  Travelling along the main road, they found themselves skimming the southern edge of the slums.  Despite supposedly being a city in ruins, the slums were, from what the Dawn could tell, surprisingly intact.  As intact as a poverty-stricken area of any city could be, at any rate.  The road did not divert into them, however, and continued on into what appeared to be a more heavily damaged section of the city.  This sight greeted the Knights of the Griffon a bit later, their slower caravan following after.

To the north, the Knights of the Dragon and the Ebony Gauntlet entered right into the slum.  They were greeted with a similar sight, but within, they could also note it was surprisingly populous.  Perhaps not as densely as during the glory days of Torbah, but enough that it could easily be thought of as a reasonably populated village. Though much of the city's population had been driven away, some either could not or would not leave.  Of course, half the people were starving and the other half barely scraping by.  As the two groups entered the city, a man in a desert cloak intercepted Methodius, passing him a note.

[OOC: This is the thread for location 4 on the map.]

It's not supposed to make complete sense:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   01.12.13 3:28

Methodius thought about the offer and wrote his own message as he hailed the man with the desert cloak
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   01.12.13 3:36

Man took the message and rushed back to the sender.

Village:Owned Stag's Heart.

Public Knowledge about Rivatha:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   02.12.13 12:56

"So then what does your connection suggest we do first?"

William looked around, he pitied the people who remained here but there was nothing to be done about it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   03.12.13 8:05

"I just received a message from her, i sent one back but shes not responding, so for the time being i suggest we try to get info on the whereabouts of the horde and perhaps a place to stay for the night, what do you dragons reckon?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   04.12.13 1:49

William smiled
"Well I reckon we find our selves a place to drink. A Dragon with out a drink is an unhappy Dragon."

He lead his horse down one of the alleys, If his memory served him well there should be an old Tavern just two streets down. While most other business close down when a city falls apart, taverns thrive.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   04.12.13 9:46

"sounds good to me, perhaps the barkeep will be more open about the horde than our last prisoner. Let's also keep an eye open for armed men"
As Methodius finished his sentence he started following the dragons

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   04.12.13 14:36

The Dawnites slowed their brisk pace when they entered the slums, but the caravan remained intact and was prepared to defend itself if necessary. Sir Lucius still concealed himself amongst his Knights, but he was vigilantly observing his surroundings and hoped to identity any sign of a more organized Horde.

Current Units
: (1) Lucius + 16 Dawn Knights

"By the will of Astraea, you are condemned to judgment by fire!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   05.12.13 4:37

William's memory served him well and the knights arrived at the tavern without incident. Like everything else, it was run down, dirty, and unpleasant smelling. Even the drinks given to them looked watered-down and thin. It seemed unfair to expect more, given the circumstances.

Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   05.12.13 22:59

Methodius ordered a drink while sitting next to the dragons and started a conversation with the barkeep
"Hope were not imposing too hard on you, tho im sure new customers make for a good business day"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   06.12.13 5:28

Merder looked down into his watered muddy drink with a disgusted grimace, though when Rori smacked a full flask of ale on the table with the subtle announcement that it came from Sir Alm of Alehouse empty, Merder's eyes received a twinkle that they hadn't shown since they had left Ravenstern.

"Drink up boys, this will be our best lodgings for weeks to come." Sir Sigwald added with an ironic smile hidden underneath his greying beard.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   07.12.13 4:51

Lucius' search netted no obvious results, at least, not in the slums.  Besides the obvious signs that the city was more active than it had been in years, there was no real sign of an army encamped anywhere within the slums.

In the tavern, the elderly barkeep nodded to Methodius.
 "It's nice to see noble Torbah stand a bit straighter than she used to."

Last edited by Laisha on 09.12.13 17:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   09.12.13 10:22

"Agreed, also if you don't mind i have a couple of questions, there seems to be Different clans of nomad tribes forming up around Torbah, anything you might know about that?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   09.12.13 13:50

William motioned Angus to one of the back tables of the tavern, short and curt whispers were exchanged between the two men.
Angus stood, clearly upset by something while William remained in his seat and motioned to Sigwald.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   09.12.13 17:54

The keep nodded to Methodious. "Sure. Who doesn't? It's a sign that we may be moving back up in the world again." Surprisingly, instead of talking the knight's ear off, the barkeep kept his answer short.

Back to top Go down
Klaus Witz

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   10.12.13 5:55

Spoiler:

Klaus listened as the reports trickled in and shook his head at the results.

"This great body of men very invisible. I need to make know more! Giles, extend your range and find me this force!" Klaus said to the scout captain as the last of the reconnaissance force returned.

"All this mud hut not solid enough. We need to find stone walls! Even a ruin will be better, that we can at least reinforce" Klaus muttered much to himself.

"Herr Gilaver!" Klaus cried out, calling the mounted commander over.

"Take your horsemen and make go further into the city and find me a location for camp. You have craftsman skills, ja? You are in best position to decide what we can improve on with resource we have. Find me place with stone wall and a well for water, the rest we can make improvise. See what you find and report back. We then make decide where is best."

His orders given, Klaus adjusted the straps on his armour loosening them a little so that the cloying heat had more outlets. He then waved his arm forward and led the column deeper into the city.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   10.12.13 17:11

Methodius was reflecting after hearing the bartender and said sternly
"Sadly, the opposite might be whats happening if something isn't done about this "Horde" friend, to be honest we need information"

He turned to give a glance at William and Sigwald then turned back
"If it's money that you want; we can provide that, however if it is the good of Torbah you are looking after then i suggest you help us, because the last time something like this occurred, "Noble" Torbah ended up in Rubble. We have all traveled here to stop something like that from happening again, Any information that may help would be welcome friend"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   11.12.13 17:10

"A lot of good stopping the last war to come here did," answered the barkeep flatly. "This land's been dead since then. At least it might become something again with action now, rather than the inaction of the crown for the past decades."

He glanced over the knights in his tavern. "Besides, you think a few of the king's lackeys, knights or no, will stop thousands?"

Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   11.12.13 21:48

Methodius sighed
"I don't know how fast news spreads in this desolate town, but you shouldn't underestimate a rallying of knights. one third of Windholm was decimated during the recent rebellion, and the knights were there to "Help" the situation. I do not know how many nor which knighthood orders are on their way here or ...Eunomia Stabilitis Forbid... already here."

Methodius took a pause, he let what he said sink in and continued
"However, I suspect that this time the majority of us are here for blood, perhaps a dozen of us would mean nothing in the face of thousands, but if there are hundreds of us... things might get rough. The biggest loser in the instance of an all out war would be Torbah, you may profit from the increase in activity before the clash, but i guarantee you that when the carnage starts... that when people start losing their homes and start dying , Whoever left in Torbah will envy a peaceful conclusion."

"With these last words of advice friend, i ask again that you help us, for if you do not, i don't foresee a good ending for Torbah"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigwald

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   12.12.13 2:56

While the Gauntlet Methodius held his speech, Merder found an opportunity to toast and did it at the top of his voice. The ale was getting to them...

"To the snowy slopes of Ravenstern!" he yelled in toast.

"To hunting rabbits!" Rori yelled even louder.

Then, after a short silence and a mutual understanding between the five rangers, they all shouted:

"To rabbits!"

Then they returned to their drinks with glee. While the rangers drank, Sigwald had approached the Thane of Mystmire with interest. A man like Thane Alatin shouldn't be ignored when he demanded your presence.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   13.12.13 11:26

The barkeep fixed a steady gaze on Methodius. "You could be right, but you're no Madigan either, just a young knight sticking his nose in Torbah's affairs. On the other hand, I'm an old man who's experienced a lot. And after being ignored by the crown all this time, I think it's about time we took matters into our own hands. But if you think you can do better...I'll give you your chance. What do you need to know?"

Back to top Go down
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   14.12.13 10:18

Gilaver gave a firm salute at the rders before turning to regard his own troops.

"You hear the commander, let's move. Group Sadie, continue to gather intel about the horde and any wells in the area. Group Vincent, scout for any possible ruins made of stone or some similiar material. The rest of you, we'll begin the search at the old castle. I'd imagine the old D'shar capital had reinforced it from the bottom up."

The knights broke into the assigned three groups and rode off to fulfill their duty.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   14.12.13 17:02

"I would like to know where the main encampment of the horde is so we may negotiate, and also what the objective is of this "leader" is if your willing to share, and are the people of Torbah in line with the horde? the way you said "it's about time we took matters into our own hands" makes me think that it is the case"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Alatin III

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   17.12.13 2:33

William stood and walked over to Sir Methodius, listening more intently in on the conversation.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   19.12.13 18:20

Laisha wrote:
Results for Methodius Marci: Methodius' search for information was unusually successful, given how tight-lipped the populace was.  The barkeep he had managed to partially antagonize told him of the horde encampment south of the city.  He also informed the Gauntlet that while the horde never patrolled the city, many often did come trickling in at night to give the taverns and other entertainment establishments their business.

Methodius perked up a smile,
it seems like he had more of a knack for negotiating than he thought.

He then hailed Sigwald, who was drunkenly singing with his men and tried to huddle up with him and William and made sure he was outside of earshot of the barkeep

"It seems we have been given good information considering how tight lipped everyone is around here, here is what i propose; we try capture one of these tribesmen trying to enjoy the night life in Torbah"

He turned to check on the barkeep again
"preferably not from this establishment, but if you do see one, we capture him outside, we owe at least that much to the barkeep for his information."

"Then i also suggest we try to look for other orders that traveled here to ask for their cooperation, from the way the barkeep talked, it look like this horde is out for blood because of the lack of care for this region by the crown, if so, we need countermeasures. If an all out war does start, we will need much more than just our two orders to win."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah   

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - The Slums of Torbah
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Kingdom Divided :: Pendor :: The Fields of Pendor (IC) :: The Horde of Torbah-
Jump to: