A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sooo, things that changed my life.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

Sooo, things that changed my life. Empty
PostSubject: Sooo, things that changed my life.   Sooo, things that changed my life. Empty24.11.13 8:51

I'm bored and in the absence of anything to do have been thinking about my incredibly screwed up past and it got me to thinking about how my life went from a walking disaster to having 2 kids and trying to grow the balls to ask my GF to marry me. ( Which so far I'm failing miserably at but thats not really the point. )

Anyway, I got into trouble at school at least once a week and spent most of my days after school in detention apart from the days I had football training because I was on the team so I got out of detention for it.
Now I went to a sports college and was on 2 teams, football as a defenders ( Best in my school to boot, coaches words not mine. ) And was also on the cross country team because running was the one thing that really helped me clear my head. When I wasn't in detention or practice I was taking MMA mostly because my baby sister was as well and letting people hit her without me nearby wasn't going to happen. Though I didn't need to worry because the 5 ft 5 8 stone girl is a bloody ninja as the weekly array of bruises I got sparring with her proved.

So went through school took my exams and got passing grades where it was important as well as top of my year for history and I.T ( Basically grew up with a mouse in my hand and I'm slightly ( Ok extremely ) obsessed with past wars ). Moved on to start working but that went to hell because my boss was an ass and tried to make me do things that were against regulation and would get me arrested and I lost it and broke his nose, so bye bye to my job.

Couple of weeks later I went out drinking with some friends and we picked up some girls and were going to a club when a bunch of guys the girls had rejected earlier came after us and tried to make us get lost, we refused and as you'd expert with alcohol involved violence ensued, I ended up in prison for 9 months because one of the guys who went for me ended up in a wheelchair because I broke his back. ( Not intentionally but the spine is not meant to be slammed onto a concrete ledge so yeah. Ouch. )

Anyway while I was in prison one of the girls came to visit me every week and we got together right after I got out of prison but I still kept getting into trouble a lot, I guess it was just my nature when somebody pushed me I pushed back harder and refused to back down and because I was always into sports and my MMA training when they started a fight it tended to end with me in trouble and them in hospital though I was careful to avoid doing serious harm and to make sure somebody saw them start the fight so at least no more prison time for me.

Anyway this cycle continued for a couple years until one day my still gf showed me a series of poems from a set of starwars books she reads ( She's a little nerdy but if you saw her you'd never know it. )
Anyway those poems she showed me kinda struck a cord with me and along with her and my sister kicking my ass ( Sometimes literally ) I got out of the habit of getting into trouble a lot and now I'm working and have kids and am in the very normal position of being a wimp about asking my gf to be my wife even though I already know she'll say yes.

So I figured I'd share a bit of my messed up past and the major things that helped me to change and maybe some of you will feel like doing the same or maybe this will help some of you with your own problems. Or you know, maybe not. Never know without giving it a try.

So the major things.
A girl who didn't give up on me.
A sister who always supported me.
A really odd poem from a nerdy book ( Weird the things that get through to you huh? )

The poems.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, things that changed my life.   Sooo, things that changed my life. Empty24.11.13 9:52

Fun stuff but i my past is a complete opposite of your's. I used to be a shy, peace loving kid who always got bullied, and never managed to defend myself. Now i am going on MMA/Jiu Jitsu courses. And only now i am finally finishing to fully recover my self esteem from all years. All those years tough made me believe that confidence in yourself is one of most important things in this live(Arrogance is not confidence, usually it only shows lack of it) and being happy is the most important thing.

Also i realised that if someone is to be saved from himself, it's only if this person really wants it. If you don't want to help yourself, nobody in this world can help you.

Last edited by Dame Rivatha Thunion on 24.11.13 10:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, things that changed my life.   Sooo, things that changed my life. Empty24.11.13 10:01

I dunno, I had no intention of changing but Eve didn't really give me a choice in the matter. ( Eve in this is named after my gf. Pretty much the same personality as well.

Harvey is based loosely off me in the self assured shows no fear side of things that resulted in his walking into the middle of 40+ knights and proceeding to insult both orders and mention having attacked one of like it was nothing.

(( I think you meant peace not piece btw for future reference. Piece is like " A Piece of wood, or a Piece of pizza ". ))
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, things that changed my life.   Sooo, things that changed my life. Empty24.11.13 10:03

I think you are right Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, things that changed my life.   Sooo, things that changed my life. Empty24.11.13 10:06

Heh our characters would probably get along quite well, except for the fact that we'll probably never meet.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, things that changed my life.   Sooo, things that changed my life. Empty24.11.13 10:11

Probably. Harvey will likely meet Pascal or one of the other gloves.

Rivatha the PC herself hasn't made contact with any of the other PCs, though some have an idea that a "lady" is the one behind the actions of a few Gauntlets that don't look like a brick wall like methodius.

Besides, Morek has a personal mission to hunt her down and inform her of the death of one of her subordinates in Windholm in person.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, things that changed my life.   Sooo, things that changed my life. Empty24.11.13 10:14

Hah could be interesting, other then the fact that depending on the current situation when they show up Harvey might take it as an insult and shoot the messenger. Either way it'll be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Dame Rivatha Thunion

Dame Rivatha Thunion

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, things that changed my life.   Sooo, things that changed my life. Empty24.11.13 10:37

Quote :
Rivatha the PC herself hasn't made contact with any of the other PCs, though some have an idea that a "lady" is the one behind the actions of a few Gauntlets that don't look like a brick wall like methodius.
False, i made contact with Mattus, and i tried to talk with some griffon( don't even remember who) before gate opened in the first event! see? See how social i am?!

And you may meet with one of gloves quite soon, depending on how situations goes.

And Arcanum, i really hope this Morek finds her at some point, it will be a opportunity to show her character.
Back to top Go down
Arcanum

Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, things that changed my life.   Sooo, things that changed my life. Empty24.11.13 11:00

Well it won't be through lack of trying. I hope to show Morek's face in this event.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Wagner
Banned
Harvey Wagner

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, things that changed my life.   Sooo, things that changed my life. Empty24.11.13 11:09

Hey Rivatha don't blame me if your glove dies, if I notice a guy in desert clothing tracking us I'm going to shoot him first and ask questions later.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, things that changed my life.   Sooo, things that changed my life. Empty24.11.13 18:01

Hope you don't meet Gaspar, that dude is a dick, I restrained myself from killing him more than once...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, things that changed my life.   Sooo, things that changed my life. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sooo, things that changed my life.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Kingdom Divided :: Pendor :: General Discussion (OOC)-
Jump to: