A Kingdom Divided
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Explination.

Go down 
+6
Laisha
Marcus Merula
Jing Ming
Psychozoa
Sigwald
BroodBrady
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BroodBrady
Banned

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Explination.   Explination. Empty29.05.13 4:21

Well since I've explained to Jing I may as well tell everyone else.

Yes Mesor, Myself and Alexandria are on 1 I.P address.

But if you had bothered to ask one of us first rather then just talking about us behind our backs and guessing about us this would not be required.

Mesor is Patrick, he's as close to my brother as is possible without sharing blood and we live and work together.

I'm Brady.

Alexandria is my fiance and she lives with us as well as Patricks wife, daughter and my daughter.

We're on the same I.P because we use the same internet and the same PC.

We didn't join because pop is not great on balance between orders so we decided it would not fit the kind of RP we like, on top of our own reasons like my taking a break.
But since the RP is not balanced by the game we decided we would give it a go and see how it works out.

If us both playing is an issue then I will quit, but talking about us behind our backs while knowing nothing about us is very disrespectful.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty29.05.13 4:28

Hahaha, truth be told; I found Mesor and Alexandria1's attitude very similar. But this sure clears it all up.

I like to have you three active on this site (although I believe Mesor quit already?) and would hate to see you go because of this misunderstanding. You see, forums like these are always cautious with trolls and that's probably where the confusion came from.

May I ask, are you the same two army lads that quit Aftermath because of a disagreement?
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty29.05.13 4:29

no problem for me, furthermore this is the first time I hear about this topic so it comes as a surprise to me that there was talk about you all....
Back to top Go down
BroodBrady
Banned

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty29.05.13 4:39

We are though it was less the arguement and more stress and lack of time resulting in us both getting very agitated.
I've been out of the country until last week as well.

The three of us are all fairly similar, goes with living together and in mine and Patricks case, fighting together and watching our brothers and sisters die around us.
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty29.05.13 5:04

There'll be another vote to determine how this will be handled. Please don't be offended that we talked without you knowing it. We GMs have to make this kind of decision all the time, and we value both fairness and security. Aftermath itself also had issues with multiple characters using the same IP, and at one time the PoP wiki lost all its images due to a breach. Now that the cause of the IP warning I got has been explained, we can solve it quickly.

Back to top Go down
https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com
BroodBrady
Banned

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty29.05.13 5:45

Loss of images was not us, but everyone knew me and Mesor we're on the same I.P, we told everyone around the time I joint in.

I'm not offended, I'm used to being judged before I'm questioned it goes with the job.
Alex on the other hand would like to shoot you all, so she's staying off till she calms down.
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty29.05.13 7:20

The GMs have arrived at a decision. Previously there had been talk to allow only one character per IP, and it seemed that this would pass and the situation would normalize. However, we got information from Aftermath stating that Mesor and Brood/BroodBrady are indeed same person.

Furthermore, a GM went over the internet to legally collect evidence about activity of the other two people. Since the evidence indicated no significant independent activity, we arrived at the conclusion that there is a very high probability that the same person is playing three characters.

Therefore, in light of unnanounced multiple character abuse, in light of the lack of solid data on the two other persons, and in light of the Aftermath confirmation, we have no choice but to block the affected IP in order to avoid a precedent that would endanger the good practice of roleplay in A Kingdom Divided, and ultimately even A Kingdom Divided's long-term survivability. I apologize if our judgment is incorrect, but the high probability of it being sound, along with the risk it poses to AKD, leaves us no other choice.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa

Psychozoa

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty29.05.13 7:26

I trust the GM's completely on that matter.
Back to top Go down
Marcus Merula

Marcus Merula

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty29.05.13 9:12

Harsh.
Back to top Go down
Laisha

Laisha

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty29.05.13 9:14

Only if you don't have to deal with such antics for several months on end.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Marcus Merula

Marcus Merula

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty29.05.13 9:20

That doesn't change it from harsh to dandy. It's only a justification.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty29.05.13 9:23

Marcus Merula wrote:
Harsh.

Not really. He had been doing the same on Aftermath, and I strongly suspect is at least somewhat related to Iskar's ultimate departure as he left only a week or two after brood / Mesor kicked up a whirlwind and then quit. Dealing with people like that is extremely draining, believe me.

Was this action unfortunate? Yes. Was it needed? Absolutely.
Back to top Go down
Jing Ming
Admin
Jing Ming

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty29.05.13 9:32

Transparency since the beginning could have solved that. What tipped the scales against him was us finding hidden/undisclosed (albeit very relevant) information from various sources. We gave him the right to reply. He replied. We checked the truthfullness of the reply, and we arrived at a collective decision.

Enough with the posts on this thread. Mesor/BroodBrady/Alexandria can no longer answer and as such this is not fair with them.

Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty31.12.13 5:53

We recently discovered that Lady Rose and Harvey Wagner were in fact Mesor... again. They have as such been banned.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty31.12.13 6:13

Mordred wrote:
We recently discovered that Lady Rose and Harvey Wagner were in fact Mesor... again. They have as such been banned.

Although I wasn't a fan of the kissing and honestly, their characters, but they haven't done any crazy stuff this time. In fact, they were the most active posters these last few weeks...

Let's not use the banhammer too frequently...
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty31.12.13 7:46

Sigwald wrote:

Let's not use the banhammer too frequently...

Only when we need to.

Doesn't it bother you that the same guy has now tried to create 5 characters (many of them concurrently)? He never tried to explain his motives to the GM's, nor did he seek permission to do so. We might be more lenient if he wasn't trying to be so underhanded about it.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty31.12.13 7:52

Well, I think it's rather remarkable of him that he still doesn't know how the forum works (with the OOC threads, :p)

Last time, however, they were banned just because who they were... as someone who likes PoP3 a lot and enjoys to write even more, I can imagine why he keeps coming back.

Writing stories in the PoP universe without anyone ever reading them just isn't the same.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Admin
Mordred

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty31.12.13 7:59

I don't disagree, but there is no reason why he cannot play within the bounds of the rules like everyone else. We have never stopped people re-starting or rerolling characters (heck, you've done it several times!). What we don't like however is someone playing more than one character at once, because it gives them as massive advantage both in terms of resources and information.

Don't forget that he had a character in both the Clarion Call and the Gauntlets, with access to the secret information of both chapterhouses which that affords.

The fact he does that without even asking for permission, just smacks of dishonesty and unfair play.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin
Isabel Tenorio

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty31.12.13 10:25

Mordred expressed the consensus very well. Returning secretly wasn't cool, and trying to get away with a second character is most definitely ban-worthy.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty31.12.13 10:39

It's not that I don't understand why they're banned, but it's not like we post a comment with: "Hey guys, if you read this; next time just tell us who you are and we'll try to make it work."

They (or he) can read this thread as a guest as well, I think the tone we set here makes them decide whether to return with a lie, or with the truth.
Back to top Go down
Methodius Marci

Methodius Marci

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty31.12.13 21:39

To be fair, it was awfully obvious. That lover scene was something you would expect from a preteen fanfic, if your reading this Mesor, you got to work on your romance writing.
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty31.12.13 21:48

Methodius Marci wrote:
To be fair, it was awfully obvious. That lover scene was something you would expect from a preteen fanfic, if your reading this Mesor, you got to work on your romance writing.

If we believe Brady, who created this thread, he lives in the same house as his fiancee, daughter, Mesor, Mesor's wife and Mesor's daughter.

Lady Rose kept saying Harvey and Harvey's wife. So either there's one person getting lost in his own web of stories, or two people just about to cheat on their loved ones who live in the same house, in the same house.

As both men appear to have a short-fuse, and a military background....I must confess some curiosity to what would happen if Brady was indeed telling the truth.

EDIT: Wait, what?

https://popshadowwar.forumotion.com/t219-sooo-things-that-changed-my-life

That pretty much rules out the military thing. Here I sit, trying to think positive while all I had to do was read that thread. -.-
Alright, banhammer deserved.
Back to top Go down
Aodh

Aodh

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty02.01.14 1:26

all alone... again... haha
so... do they just both die from their wounds in their next ambush?
Back to top Go down
Sigwald

Sigwald

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty02.01.14 1:44

Aodh wrote:
do they just both die from their wounds in their next ambush?

That would actually be pretty neat, setting up for yet another 'easy' ambush, while the horde wanted revenge and sends a large 'more skilled' group to surprise them in the act.

However, that rules out any peaceful course of action. (if their ambush hadn't already)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Explination. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explination.   Explination. Empty

Back to top Go down

Explination.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Kingdom Divided :: Pendor :: General Discussion (OOC)-
Jump to: