A Kingdom Divided

A RPG based on the setting of PoP 3, taking place roughly a century after the end of the unification wars

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

IC Scene - The Church of Astraea

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Admin

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   28.03.13 8:44

"I think the Astraean phrase is 'All things are clear in the light of the dawn,' Knight of Astraea. When the sun rises, we will learn where they all stand."

Seleucia looked to the large east-facing window in the Church, as she waited to see the first rays of light. Out at sea she had an infallible internal clock, but being on land, and indoors, robbed her of that talent.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabel Tenorio
Admin

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   29.03.13 4:28

After a few moments of staring at the stained glass window, Seleucia looked back to the Dawn knight that had spoken.

"Tell me Knight of Astraea, what does your bishop say of taxes that prevent mothers from feeding their children?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   29.03.13 6:41

The Knight-Brother stood at attention while calmly observing the Trierarch and the Legionnaires. He made no moves as he waited the Wyvern and the Bishop.

"I cannot speak for the Bishop," he stated. "However, I can tell you that Astraea's will demands justice and she would not approve of such burdens. Windholm has clearly fallen prey to a great many injustices."

Current Units
: (1) Lucius + 16 Dawn Knights

"By the will of Astraea, you are condemned to judgment by fire!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Vinson

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   29.03.13 6:45

Sir Vinson had been watching the interaction and her men intently, weighing their tension and came to the conclusion they would not immediately strike. He signaled his men to stand at ease but his Wyverns knew to be ready.

"You can see the hatred in their eyes for those that starve them. Asking would be moot next to a glance out of a window. He will arrive shortly, and you may try to ask your own questions then if his grace permits."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   30.03.13 5:42

"However, it is likely that your questions will have to wait until morning, for it is late and I have much to discuss with the knights." Bishop Gundar walked up from the back of the church, flanked by Wolfen. He was of a healthy age and dressed simply. His face had hard lines drawn into it, but his tone made no indication that he was either stern or otherwise harsh.

Taking each of the commanding knight's hands, he said, "Come, we shall head somewhere a bit more private. Pose your questions to me along the way." He made for his chambers.

"I shall keep watch over the church and our...guests." Wolfen eyed the Shadow Legion with some suspicion.

It's not supposed to make complete sense:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gamingnnerdery.blogspot.com/
Isabel Tenorio
Admin

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   30.03.13 6:27

Seleucia watched the Bishop but made no movements and did not speak until the Bishop had left her sight. Then she turned to speak to her small party.

"We will rest in shifts, over there."

The small party moved away from the doors, slowly, and towards the nearest wall. Five of the party laid down to rest, still in full armor, while the rest remained standing. Seleucia was one that laid down.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   30.03.13 8:37

Sir Lucius easily followed the Bishop, understanding that he needed his support if his plans were to be achieved.

"I don't mean to be blunt, Bishop," Lucius began, "But as I'm sure you're aware, the city is in crisis. We have no time to waste. So let me begin by asking you what you understand of the situation and how you believe the Church of Astraea should proceed. Clearly, a great deal of injustice is currently taking place in Windholm and we must do something."

Current Units

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   02.04.13 15:47

The bishop led the knights to a small study and he asked one of them to lock the door.

"It is good you have come. And there is no need to worry for bluntness on my behalf. Honest concern is no vice." The bishop began to fiddle with some papers on his desk, though the action seemed to have no rhyme or reason. "Frankly, there is much injustice in this city. On the one hand, the rebellion has caused much chaos. Buildings burned, people dead. The rebels are reckless and often foolish.

"On the other, the Duchess has committed a grave injustice against her own people, from the commoners to the nobles. Great tax increases, levying the nobility without clear cause...the Duchess is very culpable in the current chaos. However, for the sake of the people who seek refuge here, the church has yet to take sides. I feel there are no clear answers...." He muttered something about "Valonbray," but seemed uninterested in pursuing it.

Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Admin

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   06.04.13 8:40

After a few hours the Legionnaires rose, almost in unison, and replaced those who had remained standing. The peculiarities of duty schedules on the Sea Viper had trained the small cohort to fall asleep almost at will, and to awaken after the proper number of hours.

Now one of those standing, Seleucia scanned the interior of the Church once again. She looked for anything that would be out of place... but the Astraeans were an odd cult, how would she know what is out of place?

OOC: Assuming there are no interruptions in those hours...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   07.04.13 5:50

Sir Lucius listened quietly to the Bishop as he spoke, nodding every so often. He stood in front of Gundar's desk, hands clasped together behind his back. When the man finished, he looked at Sir Vinson, then cleared his throat and spoke.

"If I may be so bold, I think that under closer inspection there is a clear path forward. While it's true that the Duchess is the rightful ruler of Windholm, if we were to idly stand by or even support the Duchess, there is no reason to believe that any of this injustice would cease. She would always retain authority. However, even though the rebels have proven to be no more honorable, the key in that case is that we, as the Church of Astraea, could become the de facto authority in Windholm; we have an opportunity to take charge and show the rebels how to behave themselves justly while also performing Astraea's will. The rebels just need guidance."

Current Units

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   07.04.13 15:43

"It may be our only choice," the bishop lamented. "However, for now, we shall see what answers the dawn brings. If the Shadow Legion's arrival is any indication, we will have to be vigilant come morning." He paused a moment before looking the two knights in the eyes. "I am glad you are here."

Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   09.04.13 4:36

Knight-Brother Lucius nodded firmly. "Indeed. You are correct that we should proceed with caution. If we are to see Astraea's will, we must not be impatient." He paused. "There's also the matter of the Heretic. What do you know of him?"

Current Units

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   09.04.13 16:39

"Only rumors, I'm afraid. A missive or two relating the arrival of a heretic, but no fine details. I would have investigated further, had it not been for the rebellion. With the church directly between the castle and the rebels, it has not been safe to go out...or so Wolfen tells me. The rebels only moved onto the grounds a few nights ago."

Back to top Go down
Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   11.04.13 6:28

"Understandable, of course," the Knight-Brother said. "For now this rebellion should be our focus."

He paused to look about the Bishop's chambers, then cleared his throat. "If there's nothing further, I would like to prepare our men for the meeting with Valdor. The presence of the heretic Order concerns me."

Current Units

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   11.04.13 6:32

The bishop half-bowed. "May the light of Astraea guide you."

Back to top Go down
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   11.04.13 8:13

The Chuch of Astrea looked similar to many other houses of worhip to Morek, built to impress those that did not believe and keep those that did in awe of the organizations might. It was a bit distasteful in his mind, all those who needed justice should not feel intimidated by those who supposedly preached it.

The part of Radiants ambled up to the front doors without much prelude and waited for their leader to do something. Morek just walked up to the door and smacked hard enough on it with a gauntleted hand that the echo could be heard throughout the building before pushing the door open wide to look inside.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   11.04.13 10:11

As Morek knocked on the door and opened it Mattus was some meters away talking to his men. He ordered his men into some corners of the small place in front of the church. He himself leaned on his spear and loocked at the church and at Morek in his full armor. He couldn't help feel a bit jealous of his friend. He looked way more like a real Knight than himself and his aura and way of talking to people was way more refined. Maybe a moment would come when he could proove his worth but as he looked at the church he knew that this would not happen tonight.

The Last Hope and Map of Pendor
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6t6tjr6s6gmyf53/bApJqcjjZ4

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   11.04.13 10:53

The Eventide party spotted the Radiants and approached the church, weaving down the path. They were still were some distance from the church, and were approaching rapidly to catch up. Rayvs was at the head with Haroun and Boadice close to him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   12.04.13 4:51

When Ser Morek opened the doors to the Church, he was instantly greeted by two fully armored Dawn Knights. They were certainly intimidating to the average man, but they made no active moves against the Radiant Cross... they merely blocked their path. "Declare yourselves," the Knights demanded.

At that moment, Sir Lucius emerged from the Bishop's chambers and approached the obviously open doors--Ser Morek could likely see his approach. "The Radiant Cross, I presume?" he asked, recognizing the Order before him.

Current Units

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   12.04.13 5:46

Morek turned hos head towards Lucius and tapped the middle of the white cross painted on his breastplate.

Aye, that is correct. I am Morek Valran of the Radiant Cross and we are here to attend a meeting with a certain Conrad Valdor come the Dawn. I ask for entry for myself and companions to rest and wait out of the elements until the meeting is concluded. I would also like to request access to the shrine of Astrea so that I might make my respects to the goddess as befitting a man of the gods.

He paused, as if deciding whether or not to say something before continuing.

There is also a party of the Knights Eventide approaching. I ask that you set aside your rivalries and differences for the greater good of Windholm and allow them access and safe passage as well for meeting as they have been invited to attend as well. Unless they make hostile moves towards you or others in the Church such Holy Ground should not be the site of bloodshed between the Eventide and Templars of Astrea. I hope my honesty and forthrightness will reassure you that we do not intend to deceive the Order of the Dawn.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabel Tenorio
Admin

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   12.04.13 6:35

Seleucia turned to stare at the Radiant Cross knight. She did not wake the half of her party that was asleep, but only stared.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   12.04.13 9:21

"You must understand that there isn't room for every Order inside the Church. You will be permitted access along with a contingent of two or three additional men. However, the Radiant Cross may remain on the Church grounds."

Knight-Brother Lucius paused, signaling to two more of the Knights under his command. They appeared from the darkness, but didn't appear hostile.

"As for the heretics, they are not welcome inside the Church, but otherwise they shall not fear bloodshed. The Dawn will only permit one representative of that Order inside when Valdor arrives."

Current Units

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   12.04.13 10:45

The Radiant nodded his head once in understanding though he expected that there was plenty of room given the sheer size of the place. But no matter and no use would come from antagonizing the Dawnites. At least they weren't going to try and butcher the Eventide out of hand. Small victories he supposed.

Very well. My friend Mattus Meraxes and two Barlclay Conquistadors will accompany me inside. The others will take up camp there. He turned and pointed at a spot 30 feet from the door, shelterd from the wind by the flying buttresses of the Church. If I have your leave may I now go to the shrine? I can find my own way there if needed, all Astrean Churches are built to the same design, a way to show that Justice does not change.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Lucius

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   12.04.13 13:41

"Very well," Lucius confirmed with a nod and his Knights parted for Ser Morek and his contingent to pass.

After the Radiant Cross passed, Lucius signaled to the four Dawn Knights near the entrance to follow him. "Sir Jofrid," he said to a fifth and final Knight under his command. "Coordinate the Wyverns with Sir Vinson's remaining men to protect Astraea." He promptly departed as the Dawnites assumed defensive position inside the Church.

He led the four Knights several meters away from the main entrance to the Church, where they stopped; the four subordinate Knight-Brothers were abreast of each other, blocking the path. In front of them, Lucius drew his sword and impaled the blade into the ground, gripping the hilt with both hands and assuming a guard stance, which the others copied in unison.

Current Units

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcanum

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   12.04.13 13:54

Morek passed through the doors of the Church, expecting that his Barclay men and Mattus would follow and then not caring much what they did afterwards. His men took the cue to head over to where Morek had pointed and set up camp, half leaning against the side of the Church or lying on the ground to sleep whilst the other half milled about and talked while they remained on watch. A Radiant Cross Knight approached the Eventide and and told Rayvs what had transpired and that the Eventide would not be allowed in save for one member for the meeting tomorrow.

Morek headed into the middle of the Church and came to a pause before the altar of Astrea. Going down onto one knee he drew his morningstar from his belt and rested its head on the ground, holding the grip with both hands. He closed his eyes and let himself whisper several prayers, mainly for the goddess to find is cause just and see to the protection of his Order, he had memorized from the tome that hung at his side. The two Conquistadors amused themselves by wandering about the room and looking at the artwork and stained glass windows whilst Morek paid his respects.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene - The Church of Astraea   

Back to top Go down

IC Scene - The Church of Astraea
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Kingdom Divided :: Pendor :: The Fields of Pendor (IC) :: Prologue: "No one..."-
Jump to: